A hairstyle has the ability to make or break an outfit so when choosing the perfect frock for your Valentine’s Day date, don’t forget to plan your ‘do’! Whether sharing a romantic candlelit dinner or enjoying a daytime stroll with your ‘date’, MOP (Modern Organic Products) Educator and expert Amy Forrest has the answer to achieving lustrous locks for any Valentine’s rendezvous.
Healthy, shiny hair is a must for the big date and preparation is crucial. According to Forrest, “The better condition your hair is in, the easier it is to style”. To ensure your hair is in tip-top condition, treat yourself to a pre-date moisturising hair treatment following these simple steps:
- Massage MOP C-System Hydrating Shampoo ($29.95) through your hair, rinse and towel dry
- Mix MOP C-System Hydrating Conditioner ($32.95) with two drops of Olive Oil and wrap your hair in cling wrap for ten minutes (use this time to shave your legs or paint your nails!)
- Rinse thoroughly to produce smooth and shiny locks
No need to waste precious time and pennies at the hairdresser to achieve salon-perfect hair. Amy Forrest comes to the rescue with the following tips and tricks to create four gorgeous Hollywood styles perfect for that ‘special date’:
Sophisticated and Sassy
If glamming-up for a romantic dinner, look no further than the side-do. Soft styles swept to one side ooze elegance and sophistication and are sure to make a lasting impression. For a sexy side-do, begin your part in line with the mid-point of your eyebrow (on the side of your choice). “This will flatter your face by extending the arch of your brow,” explains Forrest.
Chic and Classic
Keep it classic with a sexy 50’s style ponytail. MOP hair guru, Amy Forrest, explains how to do so in minutes using the following steps:
- Tie your hair back into a ponytail
- Roll the ponytail into a big roller, blast with a hot hairdryer and allow to cool
- Using an old toothbrush, dab a little MOP High Shine Pomade ($32.95) onto the fluffy hairs around your hairline to tame the style
- Take out your roller and add a pretty headband to complete the classic look
Long and Luscious
Show off your long locks with screen siren waves. “Twist damp hair into flat wrapped pin curls all over your head and pop on a hair net,” explains Forrest. “Blast your hair with a hair dryer and leave to cool with the hair net on. Once cool, remove hair net and pins and give your hair a gentle shake from the underneath. Spray a light mist of MOP C-system Curl Refreshing Spray ($32.95) to set and hold.”
Cute and Curly
Transform your tresses into gorgeous curls this Valentine’s Day. According to Forrest, “Nothing gives a more feminine curl than a hot tong! The trick is to take big sections and keep the tong horizontal. Avoid too much volume don’t take sections higher than your eyes.” Leave the hair to set and cool and gently shake out to reveal a head of perfect unstructured curls. For irresistible shine, finish off the style with a light spray of MOP’s Glisten Spray Gloss ($29.95).
MOP products are sold exclusively in select salons all over Australia. For stockist details, please call 1800 104 204 or visit www.mopproducts.com