2012 Beauty Resolutions
The time of the year has arrived again when everyone is making new-year resolutions.
You can tell this by the increased number of people walking along the waterfront, working out at the gym and browsing the products in the health food isles of the supermarket. Research also tells us that traffic also increases on job finding and dating sites too as people are resolving to change their personal lives too. This are all very positive steps so we have put together out top 10 Beauty Resolutions to kick off the New Year.
1. Clean out my makeup case and drawers and determine to throw out all old and partially used cosmetics that I never use but keep hanging on to.
2. Get to bed earlier and get more sleep to reduce puffiness and red eyes. Know how much sleep you need for optimal rest and performance and endeavour to sleep that much.
3. Give myself regular home manicures and pedicures not just as a treat. Moisturize dry cuticles, removed chipped polish, and keep experimenting with all the wonderful colours of nail polish out there.
4. Take better care of my teeth, especially when it comes to flossing after meals and brush with whitening toothpaste. Nothing is as distracting from a beautiful face as yellow, stained teeth.
5. Drink more water! I always forget to drink enough water yet I know that it is the #1 hydrating product available. The average adult woman should drink at 8 cups or 2L of water a day. How many cups have you had today?
6. Remove all my makeup and mascara before bed each night, even if it’s mineral makeup. Sleeping with your makeup on can dry out your skin, clog your pores and can lead to premature aging.
7. Force myself to part with old, favourite mascaras. This is a hard one for me as mascaras only have a life of 3 months before becoming unsafe due to bacteria in the product. So even if you have more mascara left in the tube, force yourself to Throw if OUT!
8. Exfoliate my body regularly in the shower and then moisturise straight after with body cream or oil. As I always seem to be in a bit of a rush, this is often overlooked however by moisturizing after a shower, your skin retains more moisture than if you were to apply it to totally dry skin.
9. Wear bold colours this summer. I always seen to go for my safe favourites, so this is the time to experiment and try shades previously unworn.
10. Clean makeup brushes regularly. I always put this task off even though it keeps brushes lasting a lot longer and is also healthier. So from now on I am cleaning them once a month!
What are some of your resolutions for 2012?